Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Chiffon Dessert













This is a recipe that was given to me by a sweet older couple we knew from a Church that we attended about 16 years ago we lost touch when we moved away. She called it Pumpkin Chiffon and even took the time to write out the recipe in detail all those years ago. It is really easy and taste oh so good. I was able to get my hands on 2 cans of pumpkin at Wal-mart the other night and felt like I had won something! The recipe only calls for one, but since there is a shortage I just had to buy another one. Here's the recipe.
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup of sugar
Melt butter mix with graham cracker crumbs and sugar and press into 13x9 dish
One 8 oz package of soften cream cheese
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
Beat cheam cheese add eggs then sugar till fluffy (no lumps) pour over graham cracker crust and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes let cool completely
Two packages (3.4) ounce instant vanilla pudding
3/4 cup milk
1 can of pumpkin
dash of cinnamon
1 cup of cool whip
Mix pudding and milk for 2 minutes add pumpkin and dash of cinnamon then fold in cool whip. Then spread over baked cream cheese mixture. Use remaining cool whip and spread evenly over pumpkin and pudding mixture top with 1/2 cup nuts. I have to put my pecans on at my daughter's home tomorrow because I forgot to buy them. Keep in fridge overnight for the best flavor. Serves 16


No comments: